Early this Year, the Board of FIAA at the proposal of Ernst & Young Albania established the new Committee on “Tax & Financial”, which activity will support FIAA members for a healthy business and tax environment in the country as well as to provide high-quality information on the current and future developments in the tax system in order to enhance stability and predictability of the business activity in Albania.
This Committee is Chaired Mrs. Anisa Jasini, representative of Ernst & Young Albania.
The committee will work in close collaboration with the FIAA Members, the Ministry of Finance and related authorities, Financial Institutions in the country and other stakeholders.
The Tax Committee Working Agenda for 2017 will mainly focus on:
- Identifying tax issues faced by members and general business community having a negative impact on a specific sector or industry.
- Promoting tax changes required to improve the business climate based on EU legislation and best international practices.
- Presenting the association’s position on required tax changes to the EU Delegation and other international institutions.
- Providing technical support to the FIAA Board of Directors in its discussions with the government or other institutions.
- Updating members on tax development by organizing conferences, seminars and round tables
- Commenting on tax bills (on selected area of interest to our members) and their compliance to the letter and to the spirit of the applicable EU framework.
In cooperation with its members and the other FIAA Committees, in September 2017 will be issued the second edition of FIAA WHITE BOOK Albania, which will present the most pressing obstacles on doing business environment and will address recommendations to the Leading Government.